It’s almost impossible not to hear about “Xcaret” while visiting the Riviera Maya. Xcaret is an eco-archaeological park, located a few kilometers away from Playa del Carmen.
A visit to this park is certainly the best way to experience the music, the food, the land, its history and even get pampered in a most unexpected and unusual setting.
The Spa or Xpa at Xcaret
The unusual setting is a cave in a lagoon created by underground rivers. Reaching this tranquil spa needs a short boat ride to the mouth of the cave. As you get off the boat, you are greeted by the magical sight of massage tables that seem to float on water. The cave is tucked away in a submerged little corner of the lagoon, its floor covered with water, adding to the illusion of a magic.
There are a selection of massages to choose from – massages for couples, chocolate treatments, or opt for a massage in a hammock! A nearby waterfall tinkles a soothing sound, enhancing the effect of a really relaxing massage. The waterfall doubles as a refreshing shower at the end of the treatment. You go into the cave a mere tourist…but emerge a goddess!
To learn more about this unique experience, click on the Spa official website.
Would you like more ideas on what to do on your next trip to the Riviera Maya? Join our Pinterest board: Mexico Boutique Travel to get inspired. We'll see you there!
- Luxury on Soliman Bay, Tulum – My Review of Jashita Hotel
- Take in the Riviera Maya with a Local Quickie
- 10 Tours Not to be Missed Around the Riviera Maya, Mexico
- 10 Terrific Boutique Hotels in and Around the Rivera Maya, Mexico
- Diving in Cozumel – Another Dream Come True
- A day in the Riviera Maya with turtles, cenotes, ruins and more!