We’re quite new to blogging and had never heard of the Liebster award until we were nominated by Joao Morales at I‘m Out of The Office.
Thank you Joao for introducing us to such a fun blogger community. It really means a lot to us that other people besides our friends and family have noticed our blog ha-ha.
Ok, so here’s what we’ve found out about the Liebster award…
Official rules about the Liebster award:
1.- Thank the blogger who presented this award and post a link to their blog on yours.
2.- Answer eleven questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
3.- Nominate 5-20 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than three thousand followers.
4.– Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
5.- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So here goes!!
Here are the set of questions from Joao Morales to us?
1) Traveling is great. But why do you want to spend time far away from home and the cozy sofa?
We haven’t missed our home or our sofa since we left. In fact, we had 2 comfortable living rooms back home, but we hardly ever used them. I guess we had other priorities while we lived in the States.
2) What do you miss the most when you are alone and miles away from home?
We miss our family and friends, of course. But apart from that, we are happy and comfortable with what we have.
3) What are your top 5 things to do that you would include in your bucket list?
Visit Nepal, Petra and the Maldives. Cruise between continents and join a yoga-meditation retreat in India.
4) Name your favorite hidden spot? Yes, that one that nobody knows.
Oh yes! The beautiful, isolated, pristine beaches on Phu Quoc Island in Vietnam. We watched the most amazing sunsets you can ever find in SE Asia. We found this little spot in the middle of nowhere, far away from the tourists, just to watch the sun go down. It was a surreal experience, quite like sitting in a movie theater watching our own private show, a show out in the open, sitting next to some rocks and looking out at the scene played over the ocean.
5) You are the only one on a desert island. Would you be ok with it?
We love islands and one of our goals is to actually own one. So, the answer is yes, we’ll be OK with it.
6) What is your favorite food and where did you try it first?
Carmen: Chicken curry – I tried it first in Salt Lake City, Utah and I haven’t been able to find any other restaurant that makes it as good as the Kathmandu restaurant in Utah.J
Jonah: Lomo Saltado – I also tried in Salt Lake City.
7) Asia, Europe or America? Why?
Europe, because we haven’t been there yet.
8) Do you agree to leave your footprint in this planet or do you think that is best to vote for somebody to do it for you?
We want to make a difference in this world. As part of our travels, we make it a point to dedicate some time to help small entrepreneurs, poor families, non-profits, wherever we visit.
9) Why should I travel more…?
Because it makes you realize that you don’t need a lot of things to be happy. Travel also teaches you to be more patient with people, especially if you are unable to communicate in the same language.
10) Name a place where you would love to be alone for a while?
Carmen:Phra Nang Beach, Thailand. I just love the landscape
Jonah: I find myself at peace when I’m around the mountains. The location doesn’t matter.
11) Why is it so important to protect this beautiful planet?
Because it is our home. Destroying the planet is tantamount to destroying ourselves. We must leave the planet beautiful for our children and our children’s children.
Wow! That was fun
Blogs we Nominate
- Richale & Tor : http://www.intrepidor.com/
- Brian Dennis: http://one-away.com/
- Sally & Craig: http://our3kidsvtheworld.com/
- David Simpsom: http://timeanddestination.com/
- Alicia Nicole: http://alicianicoletravels.blogspot.com/
- Branden & Julie: http://moonsaroundtheworld.com/
- Paula Wheeler: http://www.atravelerspostcard.com/
- Loes Heerink: http://livelifeloveloes.com/
Our questions for Nominee’s
- When did you begin to travel?
- Who/what inspired you to start blogging?
- Three words that describes your blog.
- What sort of readers is your blog targeting?
- Which social media do you use most? Why?
- What are the 5 things you always take with you when you travel?
- Have you been anywhere that turned out to be totally different to how you imagined? If so, how?
- If you could only read one blog, whose would it be?
- Do you have a bucket list, if so.Whats on it?
- How do you fund your travels (savings/work whilst traveling/other)?
- Do you have any advice or tips for aspiring travelers?
Nominees: We’re looking forward to getting to know you better. Please send us a message @HereandThereW when you have answered our questions.
Have a great week!
Jonah & Carmen
- Glamour Primaveral – Spring Fashion Show in Trujillo, Peru!
- Sireeampan Boutique Resort & Spa – One of the Top 10 Boutique Resorts in Asia
- About Us
- Machu Picchu – Finding Your Spiritual Self in the Lost City
- A day in the Riviera Maya with turtles, cenotes, ruins and more!
- Top 5 Things to do in Siem Reap, Cambodia